Friday 12 February 2016

Booth's Multiplication Algorithm -GUI C++

Q: Write a program in C++ to demonstrate booth's multiplication algorithm for 8 bit numbers.

Code:-
Framework:- QT 5.5.1
Language:- C++
Operating System:- Linux 64 bit(Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)



Pre-requisites

  • Knowledge of Bitwise operators
  • How integers are stored in computer memory?
  • How character are stored in computer memory?
  • Knowledge of Booths multiplication algorithm
  • Basic knowledge of ASCII chart
  • Basic knowledge of String Operations
Booth's-Multiplication-C++-QT

Boothcore

  • Most of the work or code has been written in the MainWindow.
  • A class called boothcore has been created for a few operations. It is mostly used decimal to binary array conversions. 
  • It is a rather unnecessary class. Some code of this class is not used at all. However it cannot be removed completely as I wrote a few core functions here.
  • This has been rather poor coding on my part. But I believe you are using this code only for reference, so I wont be correcting. The main reason behind this is my LAZINESS though. :-P

8 bit Integer 

  • A 8 bit Integer has been simulated by me by anding it with 255.
  • However a much more elegant way exists using header file <stdint.h>
  • I faced a few compiling difficulties with C standards, and felt that it simulating this data type would be must easier(though inefficient).   

 Where's my Download?

Download @ mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment