Thursday 27 October 2016

Remove Unwanted Software from Ubuntu 14.04

I recently decided to remove some of the useless software that comes bundled with Ubuntu 14.04. This included the games.However removing the games turned out to be little tricky, I finally found the answer on a comment in a thread on Ubuntu forums, thus the post.








Games

sudo apt-get remove --purge gnome-mahjongg gnomine gnome-sudoku aisleriot


Most probably you wouldn't require these. I wonder why do these games come bundled with the default installation.

It is completely safe to remove these games


Thunderbird


It is a mail client by Mozilla.I don't find it useful, so here's what I fired

sudo apt-get purge thunderbird*

Thoughts


There are tons of other things that I want to remove from Ubuntu. However doing so might end up breaking my system. Planing to move to a additive minimalistic OS like arch.


Image source:https://pixabay.com/en/ubuntu-logo-ubuntu-logo-linux-8651/

No comments:

Post a Comment